Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Im Back!

Wow, I seem to be starting a habit of waiting way to long between blog posts. I promise I will try to change that and update more often. The last few weeks where just insanely busy with tons of school work and working a lot.WARNING: This post will be full of links, you may chose to follow or not follow them, I am just in the mood to link!
I wanted to start by saying happy Passover to any fellow Jewish or half Jewish folks out there. And happy Easter to all you fellow Christians and half Christians. My family held their Passover Seder last night at my Aunt's house but I was unable to attend. I do plan on making myself some Matzo Ball Soup for dinner tonight since it is by far my favorite part of Passover. I will be using a mix by Manischewitz. The best part is that one serving is only 40 calories! Yumm!

I am also very excited for Easter this weekend. My family is celebrating at our cabin this year! It has been 9 months since I have been up there and I cannot wait to see this view again!

A few weeks ago some friends an I did something really fun. Erika, The lovely bride to be, Elizabeth and Duckrt and I all enjoyed a delicious dinner together. I thought of the food, the 3 of them bought the grocery's, and then I cooked for all of them and had them over for a little dinner party. It was a great time, the food was amazing (if i  do say so myself) and we will definitely be doing it again.

I have decided to try something a little different with my "dieting" I am trying something other than Weight Watchers GASP I know! Don't get me wrong I absolutely love Weight Watchers and I know if I could afford to actually re join and attend meetings/ get all the new information and supplies I could totally rock it. But since I am a poor college student I decided to try something different and see how it goes. I have joined a free website calls Fat Secret which my good friends and fellow bloggers Lauren & Jesse told me about. It is similar to WW's E Tools but it doesn't use points or anything, just keeps track of your nutritional info. Yesterday was my first day using it any I really like it. I did go over my calorie goal,partially since I had some delicious Jake's Pizza for dinner. But I think once I get used to it a bit more it might really work! And I am hoping that this summer when i am working a bit more I can afford to join WW again, at least for a month of 2 before the wedding!

Well that's all for now, thank you all for being so patient. Have a great day!

S

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Glad to see you are back. Fat Secret sounds like the website I just joined yesterday, www.myfitnesspal.com. You can track your calorie intake/limits, calories burned, get recipes, and it tells you if you maintain X amout of cals/activity until X date you will be at X weight. Pretty neat! Keep your eye on the prize (hot body)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Suz! I need to stay on fatsecret.com. I haven't entered anything since I got sick on Friday. Try to add me as a buddy. I think my screen name is lojcoop. I love reading your blogs! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete