Thursday, March 3, 2011

Spring Has Sprung??

Well maybe not yet, but it is officially spring break for this girl! As of 2:50 this afternoon it is party time. Well that's not really true either. But it is a full week off of school! I will be staying here is MN, visiting my family for a couple days, but the main event will be this Saturday! Schells Bockfest!  It will be an amazing day or Beer, Polka and possibly a bratwurst.

But what I really want to talk about today is someone who means the world to me. This wonderful woman has helped shape the person I am and influences me every day. That's right, you guessed it MY MOM!

"Your the meaning in my life, your the inspiration"
 I talked to my mom on the phone tonight and she said the craziest thing. She told me that after discovering my blog it has helped inspire her to get back on the health eating wagon. WHAAAT?!? Me inspiring her. This, the woman who all my life has inspired me to be the best person I can. And now I am helping inspire her. Well that's just wonderful! A few years ago, when I did weight watchers and lost over 45 lbs, my mom and I did it together and we where both very successful.  I am so excited she and I are both working at this again. My mom is always there for me no matter what I need. Weather it is an answer to a cooking question (she taught me everything I know), advise on working with my (sometimes very unreliable) group members for school, or just a listening ear. I am sure she is reading this so Mom I LOVE YOU!  Good luck, cant wait to see you on Sunday.

Happy "Spring"

Suzannah

4 comments:

  1. Suzannah, Wow! You were born to me for a reason. I do and always will believe that. I am so honored to read that I am such an inspiration for you. Thank you. I would not be the woman I am today without you as my daughter. I am blessed with you and I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a really good dinner tonight. Brown rice, baked flounder with lemon pepper, salt and a spray of pamish type stuff. I steamed my brocolli and cauliflower in a vegetable soup base that I got from Penzey Spices. Very good flavor. The soup base might seem expensive to some, $8..something, but a little bit goes a long way. So, tonight was a good night. One day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet, Suz. Moms are good stuff. It's so great when we get old enough to see them as not just a parent, but a best friend as well. Can't wait for Monday. I get off work at 5:30. Might try to get off a half hour early so I can score at least one happy hour deal. Maybe two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yumm, that dinner sounds amazing Mommy! I have never had flounder, but as you know I am starting to open up my mind to more seafood so maybe I will have to try it sometime. And I am very curious about this soup base you mentioned.

    Lauren, cant wait for Monday! It will be so nice to see you!

    ReplyDelete