Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spring Broken...Time to Fix it!

Wow, ten days since my last post, sorry to all my loyal readers who I am sure have been anxiously anticipating my next post. I have been on spring break which I unfortunately turned into lazy and unproductive break. I manged to not only procrastinate with my school work and leave it all for today. But I also allowed my apt to become incredibly messy as well as totally slacking on my weight loss efforts. But that all ends NOW!

Or rather, as soon as I am finished writing this. I am spending the day cleaning my apt, trying Jillian Michael's 30 Day shred for the first time and then I will be heading to the library and working on two projects.

So although there is no question that I did not eat the best food that I could this week, I did make one pretty tasty meal that I will share with you now. This was another meal that I used no recipe for, just sort of made it up. I got the inspiration from this post from one of my favorite blogs.

To start I cooked up a chicken breast and cubed it into small pieces. Set that aside. Sauteed some garlic, onion, zucchini and bell peppers and a can on chickpeas with a little olive oil and the yummy jalfrezi simmer sauce. Meanwhile in a separate sauce pot I cooked up some basmati rice. Then i added the cooked cubed chicken to the fry pan and let it all simmer together for a while. Served the stuff up on top of the rice and had some yummy naan bread along with it.

I was pretty pleased with his meal. It was my first try at Indian food and it was quite tasty. If I make it again I think I will try a spicier curry sauce, possibly madras because the jalfrezi just didn't have quite enough flavor for me.

Last but not least I need to send a shout out to one of my most loyal readers, the mother of the bride whose wedding this blog is in honor of ! Hi Rita thanks so much for reading and for being the best mother of the bride a maid of honor could ask for!

Well now I am off to start my productive and successful day week. Good luck for this week to all of you!

Suzannah

1 comment: