Monday, February 28, 2011

Yum Yum Yum in my Tum Tum Tum

Ok so I love to cook and I have been know to whip up something without a recipe quite often but I think I outdid myself tonight. Holy cow, I am seriously impressed with myself. Don't worry I will get to my outstanding meal and tell you all about it but first I thought I should give a very quick rundown of my weekend.
It went alright. I had a few slip ups on Friday night but I think I have since made up for it.Got Chipotle last night for dinner, had a bowl with chicken and black beans and lots of veggies.... yumm  

Ok so back to the dinner to die for. I was inspired by this recipe but I altered it quite a bit. Keep in mind this is a serving for one person. And it is a pretty huge serving.

So to start I sauteed garlic (about 2 cloves,I love garlic) basil (about a Tbl spoon), salt and pepper, asparagus (1/2 a bunch), mushrooms(about a cup, sliced) and Shrimp (3oz) in olive oil and fresh squeezed lemon juice (1/4 of a lemon). I actually sauteed the garlic and basil for a while before adding the other stuff, and squeezed the lemon juice over the top of everything. I sauteed all that for about 10-15 min or so (stirring occasionally)
on medium heat.

Meanwhile I cooked a serving worth (1 cup I think,whatever it says on the box) of whole wheat bow tie pasta.  When pasta finished cooking I drained it and tossed it with everything else in the skillet and dumped it all on my plate, topped it with a little bit of parmesan cheese and dug in.

And oh readers let me tell you it was sooo good. So much flavor! I have a terrible habit of salting things way to much when I eat and I didn't add any extra salt to this. It didn't need it! If  When I make this again, I will use less olive oil, maybe like 2 or 3 times around the pan. I ended up with sort of a pool of olive oil on my plate when I was all done. But other than that is was pretty much perfect.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the healthy eating inspiration. :) Can't wait for our healthy happy hour next Monday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lauren! I am super excited for happy hour, I miss uptown and you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want delicious food

    -erika

    ReplyDelete