Friday, February 25, 2011

Spit up and Ice cream cake

Today is Friday which means I don't have class and instead spent the day working nearly 10 hours at the daycare. I work in the infant room and today was insane. We had sick babies, cranky babies, dirty babies, and one who seemed to injure himself every 5 min. I have spit up on my shirt and pants and found "puffs" in my hair when I got home. Needless to say when 2 o'clock rolled around and one of the preschoolers had ice cream cake for her birthday, I caved. In my own defense I took a very tiny sliver, and I have since looked up the nutritional data and logged it/ felt the guilt rush over me. But I am now letting it go. It was one slip up in an otherwise excellent (food) day, and I still have plenty of weekly bonus points to cushion the blow.

Now I am going to go get a little dolled up (meaning put some actual makeup on, take my hair out  of a pony tail and put some clothes on other than sweatpants) and go to happy hour with some friends, Where I will consume low calorie beverages such at rum and diets or lite beers, and try with all my might to resist any appetizers that may be purchased by my fellow happy hourers. Wish me luck!

HAPPY WEEKEND!

S

No comments:

Post a Comment