Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hello Out There

How Exciting, my first blog post. So I will start out with a little info about me and why I decided to start this blog. My name is Suzannah and I am 25 years old. I live alone and I go to school for Recreation Parks and Leisure Services and I am a single lady (put your hands up). Well that's enough boring "who am I" info for now.

Now on to the question on every one's minds "Why would Suzy start a blog?" Well there are many reasons folks! Well the first is that I am (co)maid of honor in my best friend Erika's wedding in August and I would really like to lose some weight before then, and I thought that blogging about my efforts, struggles and anything else I may want to talk (vent) about would add a fun and helpful twist!

I have had a lot of fun lately updating facebook with my health meals that I have been cooking and eating and I thought this would be a good venue for me to do the same and possibly expand on what I make and how I make it.

Now I will be the first to admit that I am no writer, but I think it is fun to write and that is what a blog is for right. I am sure this blog will end up with a lot of stuff other than just weight loss stuff but just bear with me people!

One final note, I absolutely love and welcome any helpful hints, tips secrets, food finds, life lessons and anything else you wanna throw down in that comment box. 

Thanks For visiting and I hope you come again soon!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Silly bloggers :) Just kidding, can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suz, I'll share my helpful hints... in the past few months I have lost 18lbs and counting and my skin and hair are the best they have been in a long time. I feel better than I have in a long long while.

    1. The main key has been cutting out processed foods, eating out (even snacks), and really watching my sodium intake. I didn't eat a lot of sodium or processed foods before, but pretty much cutting them out entirely has made a huge difference. So I try not to eat anything out of a box (unless its whole wheat pasta, quinoa etc...) and frozen dinners, or "processed". I also have tried to eliminate most canned foods, and resorting to fresh or frozen instead. As a vegetarian I eat a lot of beans, and so I always make dried beans and not from a can.
    2. Another "rule" I've had for myself is asking myself what the nutritional value is of what I am going to eat before I consume it. That has gotten me to always eat whole grains instead of white, and really making sure there is something in the food that will be beneficial to my health rather than eating something that is only going to fill me up.
    3. The next key is to make sure I never am hungry. So I eat every few hours. I always pack raw almonds, raisins and fruit with me. Just so I am never starving, bc that is when I would always make bad nutritional decisions. I also drink green tea during the day, which helps your metabolism.
    4. Lastly, I eat chocolate everyday. I keep big bars of dark chocolate with almonds in my cupboard. And I take a piece after dinner to satisfy my sweet tooth. I can't eat a lot of dark chocolate in one sitting so its good to keep on hand. And I have found if I am eating healthy all day I really don't want to binge on shit food. So a piece of dark chocolate works.

    I hope that helps... it sounds kind of intense, but really once you are in it for a month you wouldn't want it any other way. Also, allow yourself fun food sometimes, you can't cut it out entirely forever. I'm excited to follow your progress!!

    ReplyDelete